All about the Grab

As Amy & John Hazel eloquently put it in the film "DRIFT" ....."Fly fishing is all about the grab, and in my eyes I wholeheartedly agree with them.Everything else pertaining to fly fishing leading up to, and after that moment, is just a ways to means. The cast, then the split second adrenalin rush, let alone elation that surges through my veins when I feel the fish grab my fly, Is the reason why I've spent thousands of Rands on equipment, dedicated thousands of hours creating all manner of imitative patters on my Jvice & traveled thousands of kilometers around the world, all in the pursuit of that single most defining moment in fishing ............................. "The Grab"

"All about the grab" is dedicated to turning fluff & feathers into "Fishing gods!"

Thursday 23 January 2014

Slab Slayer Ice Dub blends


If I have to be brutally honest, sourcing quality fly tying materials in this country can be an absolute ball ache. Majority of the fishing shops that have a fly fishing section attached, barely stock the essentials, let alone anything out of the ordinary. I suppose in their defence they're only able to hold a limited selection of materials due to the amount of floor space allocated to the sport, and seeings how popular conventional Bass and Carp fishing is over here, it's only inevitable that us fly fisherman get shafted.

Anyway one of these products I've found hard to source out has been blended ice dubbings. Fishient Produce a few colour variations of "Hares blend dubbing" and I've seen the odd shop retailing a few Hairline, Wapsi & Veniard blends but nothing that seemed to suite my needs. So several months ago I started blending my own colour combinations.....and so "Slab Slayer Ice dub blends" was born about.
They come in a variety of funky colours (Custard, Choc fudge, Cookies & Cream, Forest Moss, Mushy Pea, Xtra virgin olive, Pumpkin seed, Rootbeer, & Liquorice) Many of the fly tutorials I'll feature within "All About The Grab" will have these Ice dub blends applied to Trout streamers, Yellowfish nymphs, Carp flies as well as saltwater shrimps, Crazy Charlies & Saltwater buggers. Anyone interested in obtaining some then Visit The "True Fishing Gear" site. They can all be seen here on the "Slab Slayer Ice dub blends" page as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment